Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dear Pulpit

Dear Pulpit,

It has been some time since I stepped up to you in this capacity. I have missed you old friend. I have missed the way you demand of your servant diligence in study and carefulness of word. I do not own you, but you are an instrument of my Father. 

You have caused me a great deal of distress at times, in that I have never been good enough to stand behind you. You have caused me much turmoil as I have stared at the crowed beyond you asking questions of my own worth gauged upon others perceptions. 

On this day I ask of my Father that I may speak with sincerity, clarity, and humility. I ask that you, my old friend, will not cause within me the pride which so easily tempts. Rather, I hope you will permit a grateful heart for the willingness of our Lord Jesus to be at work within his servant. And it is my hope that my Father, at work within me, will beckon others to serve him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment