Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weep For Yourself My Man You'll Never Be What Is In Your Heart

I'll never be what I could be. Perhaps I will never move beyond the chains of fear that bind me. Fear has stolen every meaningful victory in my life, and has crippled every opportunity for success.


Failure: I am a failure, and I have failed those who have depended on me. I have failed the church, your bride, your prized possession. I could not be the man that I was asked to be. I was not good enough, and my inadequacies had a cost.

I am an implement of destruction. I am a master of chaos. I am an unrealized dream. I am an unmet ambition. No matter how far forward I move, I am dragged back to the dark cell of panic I so feverishly strive to claw my way out of.

You, Lord Jesus, are my refuge... my safe place, and you have lifted me up when I was brought low.


You have called me not to be successful but faithful. In the weak efforts of my diligence O' God, you bask in my accomplishment, you rejoice in the work of my hand.

If only for a moment, Father, if only for an instance you have rewarded what little faithfulness I could muster, and have brought blessing through me. I will bless your name Father, and sing your praises for the work that has come through your merciful hands.

Blessed be the name of the LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment