Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cognitive Anarchy

My blog has been silent in recent weeks; more so then any other time in past months. I never seem to run out of things to say, and this chapter of my life is no different. The problem seems to be that all of my thoughts have been trying to get through the door of my mind and onto my blog at the same time, thereby causing a massive mental pile up. 

The cause for the delay has been on the series I had begun entitled "Evangelical No More." Finding the right language to capture thoughts that exist in the mind without words is like trying to hold water in your hands. 
I've recently found the words, hopefully the right words, to complete the task of understanding the contextual development of evangelicalism.

My ambition is not to invalidate evangelicalism. I am clutching and clawing at the fullness of God, Father - Son - and Holy Spirit. By residing in this tradition alone I have felt squelched in its limitations and subsequent consequences in this quest. 

The blog that has me held up is in identifying the very core of my tradition. And so, as I complete my coming blogs entitled The Gospel according to American Evangelicals, I will be suggesting that the evangelical Gospel is not wrong but rather, incomplete.
I would further suggest that in our reductionist approach our gospel manifests itself as a perversion of justice and propagation of North American, Western ideology.

If you follow my blog, and even if you disagree with 99% of what I say, please be in prayer about this; not only for the sake of this task, but also as the current pace of life for the McGinnis home is exceeding my strength.

May the Peace of Christ be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment